"Understanding that people are always a worse version of who they want to be is a way of loving them."
"The problem is that white people see racism as conscious hate, when racism is bigger than that. Racism is a complex system of social and political levers and pulleys set up generations ago to continue working on the behalf of whites at other people’s expense, whether whites know/like it or not. Racism is an insidious cultural disease. It is so insidious that it doesn’t care if you are a white person who likes black people; it’s still going to find a way to infect how you deal with people who don’t look like you. Yes, racism looks like hate, but hate is just one manifestation. Privilege is another. Access is another. Ignorance is another. Apathy is another. And so on. So while I agree with people who say no one is born racist, it remains a powerful system that we’re immediately born into. It’s like being born into air: you take it in as soon as you breathe. It’s not a cold that you can get over. There is no anti-racist certification class. It’s a set of socioeconomic traps and cultural values that are fired up every time we interact with the world. It is a thing you have to keep scooping out of the boat of your life to keep from drowning in it. I know it’s hard work, but it’s the price you pay for owning everything."
Scott Woods (X)
The quote I used in this post.
DAVID LYNCH, WOMEN, OCTOBER 31ST 2014, SACRED BONES RECORDS
1. Pitter Patter (ft. Beth Gibbons)
2. Walkie Talkie (ft. Soap&Skin)
3. Billy’s Mad At Sandy (ft. Alison Goldfrapp)
4. Red Light At Night (ft. Natasha Khan)
5. Dead End Highway (ft. Hope Sandoval)
6. Happy Holiday (ft. Cat Power)
7. Clouds Gathered in the Sky (ft. Lykke Li)
8. Frankie (ft. Anna Calvi)
9. Peach Cobbler (ft. Karen O)
10. The Bird, It Sang A Song (ft. Emiliana Torrini)
11. Falling In Love (ft. Alison Mosshart)
12. Doped (ft. Karin Dreijer Andersson)
Pax, sax, sarax; hola, noa, nostra! - ka-bala, the 1967 talking board game from the Transogram Company.
by kier cooke sandvik
I won’t live long, but i would be with you if i could